We hope “start doing SEO” is on the list of your to do’s because these 3 mythical letters stopped being a buzzword years ago! Let’s face the facts, in 2019, SEO is no longer a nice addition to your business marketing, it’s a must! If you’re in any doubt, we’ve come up with 5 powerful arguments that will definitely inspire you to start doing SEO the second you finish reading this article!
- SEO lets you be where your customers are – Like it or not, but traditional forms of marketing like print advertising, television, radio, etc. have kind of lost their power. They have become some sort of white noise which people only listen to in the background. That’s why people are turning their heads to Google & Social Media — it lets them find what they are searching for in a flash of a second. So it’s only natural that people use Google as a starting point for product research.
- SEO is a lot more cost-effective than Pay Per Click – Many business owners raise objections to SEO due to the “cost” factor of SEO. Others decide to go for PPC, thinking that it costs less and gives immediate results and generates them lots of enquiries and money. The truth is, both SEO and PPC will cost you money. It’s even fair to say that SEO will cost you more at the initial stage. But the trick is that SEO has a long-term value, while PPC only has an immediate short term effect.
- SEO helps you build your brand – Unless you’re a company like Apple, it’s not likely potential buyers are typing in your brand name while searching for your products or services. In the real world, they are more likely to search for some products or services related to your business. And of course, you want your website to appear as high in the search results as possible so that potential customers land on your site and you’re one of the options!
- SEO influences almost every aspect of your business – There’s a popular misconception that SEO can only boost your rankings, and there’s no point for businesses that don’t pursue this goal to do SEO. Well, in all honesty this has nothing to do with the real state of things. The truth is, SEO influences a huge variety of things, which makes it the smartest marketing investment you can ever make. First and foremost, SEO has a massive impact on how your brand is perceived by the audience and your business’ reputation. The thing is, online reviews are a huge part of SEO. According to the BrightLocal’s 2017 Local Consumer Review survey, 97% of customers do read reviews when searching for something. And 85% claim that they tend to trust online reviews just as much as they would trust personal recommendations.
- SEO improves your website – An optimised website not only helps you gain more traffic online but by following the SEO guidelines it ensures that your website is user friendly and always up to date which improves your business on a whole. It’s easy to forget that its other humans we’re trying to attract and engage with and need to keep things sensible so that viewers are engaged and able to interact easily.
Silvertoad, based in Luton, Bedfordshire, provides a wide range of website design and development services, graphic design and printing solutions and a host of other marketing services.
Interested in taking your marketing to the next level? Feel free to contact our friendly customer services team to discuss how we can help you! Call us on 0800 756 6800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org